Melbourne Dog Lovers Show, 5-7 May, 2017
This is your chance to win an engraved Reader's Digest Pilot Pen and see your work published by Reader’s Digest. All entries become the property of Reader’s Digest. We reserve the right to edit and publish entries. We cannot return or acknowledge entries.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is open to residents of Australia and Asia and runs until the publication of the June 2017 issue of Reader's Digest.
- Promotion commences Monday April 10, 2017, and closes at 12PM AEST Sunday April 16, 2017.
- The promotional material, information on how to enter and prize details form part of these rules. To be eligible to enter, you must reply in accordance with the conditions specified in this promotion. Employees of the Promoter and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for lost, misdirected or delayed entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged and the winners will be determined based on the originality and/or creativity of their entry.
- The five best valid entries, as determined by the judges at their discretion, will each receive a Double Pass to the Melbourne Dog Lovers Show at the Royal Exhibition Building, Nicholson St, Carlton VIC on one of the following dates: Friday May 5 - Sunday May 7, 2017. Passes cover admission only.
- The judging will take place at 1PM, Monday April 17 at Direct Publishing, 80 Bay Street, Ultimo NSW 2007. The winner will be notified by email. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prizes will be delivered at the Promoter’s expense within six to eight weeks of the winners being judged.
- The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other prizes. Prize value is recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and is correct at time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. As a condition of entering into this promotion, each entrant agrees to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth). Reader’s Digest reserves the right to use entries in all print and electronic media.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter.
- The Promoter's decision on all matters pertaining to this promotion is final.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) use of a prize.
- The Promoter is Direct Group Pty Ltd (ABN 81 000 565 471), 80 Bay Street, Ultimo NSW 2007 in Australia.